It is time to set your August health goals. It is the beginning of a new month and the end of summer is in sight. 😎
It is time to review and focus on your health goals. Think about the preventative care topics that you have been reviewing. What appointments need to be scheduled? Remember that Telehealth is the new norm. What habits did you begin last month that you want to continue to work on? What do you want to begin focusing on this month?
Setting goals if important but writing them down and posting them where you can see them every day increases the chance that you will make it happen.
Here are some ideas from our members from last month and a few of mine:
- eat less carbs
- cut back on sugar
- walk more
- add a mile to your walking session
- stick to your work’s wellness activity
- schedule your next wellness check appointment
- schedule your next dental cleaning appointment
- schedule your mammogram
- work on increasing your water intake until you are drinking half of your weight each day (in ounces)
- begin a walking program and work your way up to 30 minutes a day
- explore meditation
- start reading nutrition labels
- eliminate artificial sweeteners
- eliminate soda or sugar drinks
- eliminate meat from one meal a day
- eliminate one ‘bad habit’
- keep a food diary
- drink less alcohol
As you can see, there are many ways to become healthier. The list is endless. You get to decide what is most important to you. Pick 5 things to focus on this month. Yes, 5! Whether it is improving on the ones you chose last month, a combo of old and new or 5 new ones, it doesn’t matter. It is a series of baby steps as this is a lifelong journey.
So take your pen, pencil or computer out and start writing this down. Research this. What steps can YOU take to make a difference this month? Make the time to set your August health goals.
Just as the picture shows, your journey doesn’t have to be perfect. You just have to be making daily progress.